Friday, May 08, 2020

CB 32/55 (Celebration in this season)

I'VE SIGNED MY EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT! 

It has been a journey since the previous episode of my search in a new career and today, I can finally journal now this whole process in full!

Here are the timeline (again. HAHAHA)

28 April 2020:
Before I fall asleep that night, I was thinking to myself that I won't have any salary in May because even if  I found a job, I will probably only be able to start work in June given the current CB situation.

29 April 2020:
I received a follow-up call from the recruiter that called me the previous day to give me tips on what the interviewers are looking for for the interview the next day.

30 April 2020:
Attended the Zoom interview at 10AM and was told they'll get back to me the following week but they got back to me at 6PM to offer me the job :,)

8 May 2020:
Signed the contract and will be starting work next Monday! 🥳🎉

Previously when I got the job offer retracted- initially was a little disappointed and worried. Disappointed cos I wasn't able to secure the job, worried cos this period will be difficult to find a job (according to market survey and news that there'll be retrenchment, etc).

I was quite thankful that previously I had shared this with Jolene (that my last day of work with Genesis is 24 April and I wanted a break thus my new job supposedly should start on 4 May BUT things aren't confirmed), she reminded me that since I have set the one week break for myself then no matter the outcome, just let myself rest for that week.
I took the time to settle myself and prayed about it. I am convinced that if God gives, He will give despite the potentially impossible situation of the world. If He doesn't give a job right away now, then I'm asking Him to show me what He wants to teach me during this session also.

So, last week(27 April to 1 May) was suppose to be my "sabbath" week so I didn't have the intention to send out resume (broke my promise to myself:l sent out 1 cos Steph just signed the employment contract with them and they're still hiring). But yes, I didn't look for any job last week yet companies and recruitment agencies have been calling me :,) how good is God!

Indeed, if God gives, He will give despite the circumstances that seem impossible. I planned to take a week break and start work after (first cycle) CB but God was gracious and given me 2 weeks break instead. To be able to find a job without having to take pay cut is realllly God given.

Initially I was worried if I can secure a job during this period. Now that I've secured a job I worry about whether or not will I be able to perform at work (taking into consideration the fact that it's an MNC and I'll be working with a lot of people, adapting to the culture, the workload, etc)
It's true that worries are never-ending. Once you checked one item off the "worry list", the next one will pop up. But I guess the truth is we won't be worry-free, but at the least we know who will carry us through the worries and share our burden. 💪 So excited for the new journey.
(On a side note: why are all my Fridays so exciting one LOL🤣)

------------
All my meals of the day

No comments: